Your Words

Matthew 24:35 (KJV) Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Search This Blog

Translate

Disciple vs Sheep

 I thought this might be an interesting topic and see different opinions.

To me where to start is in reading the 4 Gospels, I would start in the book of John.  To me you can't know Jesus till you read His words you can't depend on just hearing other people. Then He will bring them to your remembrance.

What would you tell a New Christian as to where to start and what the goal is?
The goal of disciple?

Matthew 16:24 (KJV)  Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

The goal of a sheep with the Lord as only shepherd to personally hear Him?

John 10:27 (KJV)  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Is there a difference between being a sheep and being a disciple?  
What means: disciple? vs being a sheep?
Do sheep have eternal life?  or do you have to be a disciple?